What is Cipher?
Cipher camouflage from First Lite leverages the same proven working principals as their Fusion camo. The relationship between colors and shapes in both First Lite patterns are specifically designed to fool the brain and resemble patterns found in nature. No Pixels, no trees. Breakup camouflage from First Lite utilizes several key principles to help you disappear in both short and long distances:
- Large Shape Disruption - Used to distort and hide the hunter's body by incorporating large regions of light and dark colors that work against the human figure.
- Small-Medium Texture Disruption - A scattering of small-to-medium sized elements from a nature-based algorithm effectively blends the hunter into their surroundings when close to prey.
- Disruptive Coloration - Finely tunes palettes of color to contrast against body outlines to blend with natural surroundings.
- Focal and Depth Confusion - Color and shape algorithms based in nature are strategically placed to confuse depth perception. Peripheral vision of the prey is also distorted with the controlled contrast and disruptive coloration.
- Light and Dark Crackleture - Unique to First Lite patterns, the crackleture use of light and dark shapes that weave throughout the pattern offer yet another level of versatility and effectiveness, eliminating color blobbing and further distorting the hunter's shape.
Cipher vs Fusion?
Although they use the same science and both are very flexible to a wide variety of environments, Fusion incorporates green into it's color pallet which makes it ideal for early season, western lichen/sage/pine, and any type of heavy wooded areas. Cipher on the other hand uses a much more muted color pallet for dry and late season environments.