Brent Creer

1. Learning to Hunt New Areas

Hunting opportunities in the Western United States is more difficult to obtain now than ever before. Starting fresh in the current big game hunting scene is downright daunting. The demand for tags far exceeds the supply and opportunities to hunt old stomping grounds may not come around as often as we would like. I, like many, have come to realize that if you want to hunt every year, you need to adapt by expanding the aperture to look at hunting different units and states. Those willing to adapt will find a way, and believe it or not, spectacular over-the-counter opportunities are still out there. Continue reading →
  2. Big Country with Big Glass

- Swarovski NL Pure 12x42 - As a hunter who spends several weeks per year pursuing big game from the vast expanses of the Alaska tundra to the cactus laden desert flats of New Mexico, I am always looking for more efficient ways to accomplish my goals. This year, I had an urge to reduce my optics footprint from a dual binocular 10x/15x system to a hybrid one binocular approach.  With this concept in mind, my thoughts and curiosity constantly wandered towards an optics system utilizing the newly released NL Pure 12x42 in tandem with the modular Swarovski ATX/BTX.   Continue reading →
  3. Grading the Mystery Ranch Guide Light MT Frame

As a mountain hunter, I am constantly searching for gear that works and I am not opposed to buying different brands and designs to find out what works best for me.  This approach can get expensive, but it’s the only way I know to find solid gear that truly meets my requirements.   Continue reading →

3 Item(s)