Named after an Oregon hunting unit that covers territory from mountains to valley and rivers to ocean, the Alsea was built to be the boot to handle it all. Gore-Tex waterproof, breathable protection makes this boot ready for unpredictable weather. The speed hook lacing, Danner Plyolite™ midsole and the grippy traction of the Alsea outsole mean that there’s no terrain too intimidating.
- Full-Grain Leather & Textile Upper: For a highly abrasion resistant upper, we combine Danner's premium full-grean leather with durable water repellent (DWR) treated nylon panels
- Gore-Tex (GTX): 100% waterproof and breathable, Gore-Tex liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Removeable Ortholite Footbead: Three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation
- 400G PrimaLoft Insulation: PrimaLoft Gold Insulation offers best-in-class insulation for repeated compression and durability, making it the go-to choice for insulated footwear
- Danner Plyolite Midsole: Danner Plyolite midsole offers lightwieght comfort and shock absorption
- Danner Alsea Outsole: The Danner Alsea outsole offers grippy traction is uneven terrain.
- How it Fits: The 851 last is an update to Danner's popular 850 last. This last fits true to size with an athletic and supportive fit while providing ample room in the toe. Offering a specific heel shape that locks the heel in place for better fit and comfort on the back end of the boot, this supportive fit is ideal for those needing high mileage performance from their gear.