Vortex Viper 3-9x40 Riflescope
Earn 23 reward points for this purchase. ? Earn 1 reward points for every $10.00 spent. Points can be redeemed for future purchases.
- Magnification: 3-9x
- Objective Diameter: 40mm
- Eye relief: 3.50-3.70 inches
- Field of View: 35.5- 12.2feet/100 yards
- Turret Style: Low capped
- Adjustment Graduation: 1/4 MOA
- Travel per Rotation: 12 MOA
- Max Elevation Adjustment: 92 MOA
- Max Windage Adjustment: 92 MOA
- Parallax Setting: 100 yards
- Weatherproofing: Waterproof/Fogproof
- Length: 12.4 inches
- Weight: 14.2 ounces
- Manufacture Warranty: Unlimited Lifetime Guarantee
- Manufacture Item Number: VPR-M-01BDC
Effortlessly shrugging off recoil, moisture and darkness! The Viper's status as a premium riflescope won't be as easy to shake. Discover a riflescope with incredible performance features like premium, fully multi-coated optics with 95 percent light transmission, heavy duty Precision Force spring systems and the glass smooth Precision Glide erector system—delivering all this and more at a price that should have pulled a few more hundreds from your wallet than it did.
Note: This scope has a second (SFP) focal plane reticle, meaning the reticle stays at the same size no matter what magnification you are on. We also carry this product with a first (FFP) focal plane reticle—an important option for many precision shooters.Optical Features
- XD Lens Elements - Extra-low dispersion (XD) glass increases resolution and color fidelity, resulting in crisp, sharp images.
- XR Lens Coatings - Vortex proprietary XR fully multi-coated lens coatings increase light transmission for maximum brightness.
- 30 mm Tube - Allows greater windage and elevation adjustment travel along with greater strength compared to the one-inch tube.
- One-Piece Tube - Maximizes strength and waterproofness.
- Aircraft-Grade Aluminum - Premium grade of aluminum, valued for fatigue resistance.
- Precision-Force Spring System - Uses premium components in the erector-spring system, ensuring maximum repeatability and ease of adjustment.
- Precision-Glide Erector System - Uses premium components in the zoom lens mechanism, ensuring smooth magnification changes under the harshest conditions.
- Waterproof - Optics are sealed with o-rings to prevent moisture, dust, and debris from getting inside the binocular.
- Fogproof - Barrels are filled with argon gas to inhibit internal fogging.
- Shockproof - Lenses are locked in place, fore and aft, with machined locking rings to remain in perfect alignment and withstand recoil and impact.
- Hard Anodized Finish - Hard-coat anodization is durable; the low-glare matte helps camouflage the shooter’s position.
- ArmorTek - Ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt.
- MAG-View Bar - Permits quick and easy adjustment of magnification range—even under the coldest conditions.
- Fast Focus Eyepiece - Allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
- Low Capped Turret - Maximizes ease of windage and elevation adjustments in the field.
- Quick Reset Turrets - Allow quick re-indexing of the turret housing to zero after sighting in the riflescope—re-index with fingers alone (no tool needed).
- Side Focus - Uses an adjustment mechanism on the left side of the riflescope to fine-tune focus for the purpose of reducing parallax shooting error.