The Zamberlan 1996 Viox Lux GTX is an exceptionally comfortable and rugged boot for extended backpacking, long trekking, and four season hikes. It's upgrade to Zamberlan's best-selling boot, the 996 Vioz GTX. It takes a marquee and unrivaled backpacking experience to a new level with several important upgrades to the original.
- PU coated rubber toe rands add durability to the boot and life to the leather uppers, especially above the toe bump.
- Upgraded Waxed Tuscan full-grain leather uppers are rich and long-lasting. These beautiful leathers are enhanced with Zamberlan's proprietary Hydrobloc® treatment for added water resistance and durability over time
- New calf-leather lined collars add durability and comfort around the upper ankle. Get the feel of a leather-lined boot without compromising on waterproof performance.
- The proprietary Zamberlan Vibram® 3D outsole with PU midsoles make for unique and unparalleled fit and performance. The wide lugs can tear through any terrain while the pronounced rocker feels as if it is carrying you and your pack up the mountain. Excellent downhill braking is achieved with a steep heel undercut and superb torsional rigidity is achieved through a solid TPU plate over the arch.
- High Resistance Treated hardware allows for an extended life without corrosion, additional durability against rocks and debris, and easy passing of laces towards preventing breakage.
- ZBPK Performance Fit is our highly regarded backpacking last defining Zamberlan's fit! ZBPK features an excellent heel lock, an anatomical wrap over the top of the foot, and a roomy toebox for comfort.
- The ZFS (Zamberlan Flex System) allows the boot to comfortably flex forward without compromising lateral support.