Video - Big Agnes Copper Spur HV 3 Expedition
You want the baddest tent at base camp? Pitch a Copper Spur HV Expedition and get ready to host other campers when the wind crushes their tent and yours is still standing. This is a beefed up, burly addition to the award-winning Copper Spur HV series and includes a sturdy DAC NSL pole system, steep walls for maximum living space, nylon zip-up option for complete closure, and two doors/two vestibules for easy tent life and optimum gear storage. A lightweight, totally bomber addition to your quiver, this one goes when the tough get going.
- Based on the features of our best-selling, award-winning Copper Spur HV UL tents, the Copper Spur HV Expedition is a beefed up, take-anywhere version ready for the toughest conditions on the planet.
- 4-way high volume hub design increases strength and useable interior volume.
- Large diameter poles and bomber architecture handle mountain winds and snow load.
- Two doors featuring widows with two closure options. Mesh only for ventilation or zip up the nylon layer for complete closure.
- Dual zipper door is smooth closing and the discrete seam design creates a clean, modern aesthetic.
- Dual zipper door allows for easy entry. Use only one zipper for quick reach through access.
- Quick Stash door keeper on tent body door makes stowing unzipped door quick and easy.
- Full breathable nylon body adds an extra layer of protection against the elements.
- Large closable ceiling window/vent provides venting as well as optional storage space.
- Media pockets located above sleeping area enable clean ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices.
- One fly vent for increased air flow and reduced condensation.
- Low Vent feature on the vestibule doors for more air flow while still providing vestibule coverage.
- Ready to pitch; with pre-cut Dyneema guy lines and tensioners attached to fly.
- Dual, equalized Dyneema guylines for added stability and strength in high winds.
- Reflective guylines and webbing on tent corners improves visibility.
Construction and Materials
- Fly is silicone treated proprietary patterned random rip-stop nylon with a 1200mm waterproof polyurethane silicon coating.
- Fly features a unique weave made with a high tenacity yarn and high filament count which increases fabric tear strength by 25%, decreases weight of the material and improves water.
- Floor is nylon rip-stop with a 10,000mm waterproof polyurethane coating.
- Tent body is proprietary patterned random rip-stop nylon breathable and polyester mesh.
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOC's).
- DAC Featherlite NSL pole system.
- Ultralight plastic clips attach tent body to pole frame.
- 4-way high volume hub pole design.
- 10 interior mesh pockets, 2 media pockets & 10 large aluminum J stakes.
- Over-sized, reinforced stake out loops - to be used with skis, ice axe, ski poles, etc.
Copper Spur HV3 Expedition Sizing