It wasn’t very long ago that I was in the market and searching for a lightweight tent. There were a few different brands that I was considering before deciding on the Skyscraper 2P from Stone Glacier. If you know much about Stone Glacier, I think everyone can agree that they are a very reputable company and well-known for their quality and lifetime warranty. Stone Glacier products are made right here in America in a town by the name of Bozeman, MT. 

Specifications

• 2 Person Tent
  • 3 Poles
  • 2 Doors
  • 12 Guylines
  • 2 Vents
  • 8 Pockets
  • 12 Tent Stakes
  • Packaged Weight 4lb 12oz
  • Trail Weight 4lb 3oz
  • Packaged Size 14” x 6” 

Never having owned a lightweight tent before, the Stone Glacier exceeded every expectation that I could have imagined when it comes to being lightweight and durable. The packaged tent fits perfectly inside your pack or even better strapped down to the bottom of a pack as well. The tent has two vestibules that provide plenty of space for hunters or campers to keep their gear outside of the sleeping portion of the tent, but still allow it to be protected from the elements.

Pros:

• Durable
  • Quick and easy to assemble
  • Warm
  • Airtight
  • Waterproof
  • Lightweight

Cons:

• Expensive
  • Tight fit for 2 adults
  • Additional accessories available for purchase (flooring options)

I think this tent is one of the best options for people that are looking to spend around the $5-600 range. There certainly are tents that are cheaper and tents that are more expensive. For the weight and durability I don’t think the consumer can go wrong when going with the Stone Glacier. Not only do you have a great warranty, but you also have an amazing customer service team that is very responsive and helpful.

Testimony

So far I have used the 2P tent on one hunting trip out in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. I used it when my buddies and I hiked into the backcountry and camped overnight when trying to close the distance on some elk. Setting up and packing up was easily done within minutes. The tent can be easily set up by one person or even easier with two people. As mentioned it’s slightly snug with two full adults but it’s honestly not too bad. If running solo I would still pack this 2P tent as it would be a luxury for one person for no more than it weighs. 

Conclusion

The Skyscraper 2P Tent is an excellent option for the backpacker, hunter, or any other type of outdoorsman that wants a lightweight and durable tent. They are extremely versatile amongst many types of weather conditions and also allow further options for extra durability. These tents have been tested across multiple states and countries and are built to withstand any obstacle that is thrown at them. 

Shop Stone Glacier

Shop the Stone glacier skyscraper 2p tent